If you are graduating high school or thinking about going back to school for a degree in graphic design, you may be wondering if there is any advantage in doing so. You may already be an accomplished artist or designer and think you have the right skills to go out and find a great job. Why bother with an advanced degree when you could be exploring employment opportunities without one?Even if it is true and you have all the skills you need for an entry-level position with a graphic design firm or to start your own business, there are many other factors to consider when deciding if there is an advantage to continuing your education. Here are just some of the reasons you may want to consider.Who Are Graphic Design Firms Hiring Many marketing and design companies are only hiring applicants with degrees and extensive portfolios. They want to know the person they’re hiring has the basic skills necessary for an entry-level position. These companies know prospects with degrees and portfolios can be productive the day they walk in the door.These companies are looking for individuals who have a few years of experience in an academic environment working with trained… Read full this story
- Forget Pokémon, video games like Untitled Goose Game are part of a new outsider wave drawing in non-gamers
- ‘Birds Of Prey’ Breakout Ella Jay Basco Carries Torch For New Generation Of Asian American Representation
- For Families Of Oakland Murder Victims, Police Practices Add To Trauma: Study
- 'We have to deliver justice': the man who fought for the survivors of Shirley Oaks
- Best gaming gifts in 2020: Nintendo, Xbox, PlayStation and more
Advantages of Going to Graphic Design School have 276 words, post on ezinearticles.com at September 29, 2006. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.