When exploring the past record of table tennis (often referred to as ping pong), you probably did not know that traces of this sport have made a mark in history since 12th century AD. It is thought that this entertaining game originated from a form of “Royal Tennis,” a popular pastime during medieval times.Throughout the years, a wide range of equipment has been used to play the game of table tennis. For example, during the 1800s, British army officers stationed in India laid claim that the sport was once a form of indoor tennis, in which they used cigar box lids for paddles, round bottle corks for a ball and a makeshift net that consisted of books. During this same time, the game made strides with affluent individuals throughout England.The first time the name, “table tennis” was used for the public to acknowledge, occurred in 1887 when the term appeared on a board and dice game produced in New York. During 1890, one of the first sets of table tennis was patented in England and offered additional table versions of popular games, such as cricket. Throughout the 1890s, various changes to the game were created, including the type of paddles… Read full this story
- Table Tennis Guy Pulls Off The Last-Ditch Block Of A Lifetime
- Table tennis titan George 'The Chief' Braithwaite brings tournament to Roosevelt Island
- Serving fun at Detroit’s table tennis social club
- Meet Brooklyn table tennis' twin terrors
- 6 Pack Of EastPoint Sports 3-Star Table Tennis Balls For $1.50 From Amazon, Plus Prime No Rush Shipping Credit
- Table tennis: China's Ma Long captures third world title
- 2018 Founding of America tour highlights history
- Hottest luxury products: Forget home theaters, $80K pool tables all the rage in luxury world
- No Man Under 30 Has Won A Tennis Major
- When Roger Federer Says "Jump," The Tennis World Says "How High? And Can We Pay You?"
Highlights In The History of Table Tennis have 306 words, post on ezinearticles.com at January 24, 2007. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.