NASSAU, Bahamas – A Bahamas jury ruled Monday that Anna Nicole Smith’s son died from an accidental drug overdose – just like his mother.The seven-member jury, which deliberated for less than two hours, recommended no criminal charges against Smith’s lawyer Howard K. Stern for the death of Daniel Smith, 20. The son of the former Playboy playmate died after coming to the Bahamas to meet his new baby-sister on Sept. 10, 2006. His 39-year-old mother died early the next year in Florida from an accidental drug overdose. Autopsies found that Daniel died from a combination of drugs, including methadone and antidepressants. Cops said there was no evidence of homicide. Bahamian authorities ordered the inquest amid allegations that Stern had supplied Daniel Smith with the drugs. In its ruling, the jury said the cause of death was “nondependent use of drugs” – meaning Daniel was not addicted and was not aware the drugs in his system would kill him. Neil McCabe, an attorney for Anna Nicole’s mother, Virgie Arthur, said she was disappointed in the ruling because she suspected foul play was involved. Arthur has claimed previously that Stern, who was also Anna Nicole’s boyfriend, played a role in both deaths. Join… Read full this story
- Celebrity Biographies: Anna Nicole Smith
- Anna Nicole Smith: A Short, Depressing Biography-Commentary
- Original EastEnders cast member Sandy Ratcliff, 70, died from an accidental overdose alone in her care home, inquest hears
- EXCLUSIVE: Daughter-in-law of opera singer Plácido Domingo reveals Scientology celeb secrets, claiming Tom Cruise's kids were 'indoctrinated to hate Nicole Kidman, John Travolta tried to bring his son back to life and Jada Pinkett Smith WAS a member'
- EXCLUSIVE: 'Daddy did not rape Tina…he messed up our family but he was not a monster!' The daughter of Ike Turner and his backup dancer breaks her silence to DailyMailTV on his relationship with her 'loving second mother' Tina Turner
- Who’s dead? What happened? All you need to catch up on ‘Breaking Bad’ before Netflix’s ‘El Camino’
- The 100 best films of the 21st century
- Camping Trip To and From Hell
Bahamas jury rules Anna Nicole Smith's son died of accidental drug overdose have 341 words, post on www.nydailynews.com at March 31, 2008. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.