“We want to have healthy products and bilateral trade relationship with Vietnam, and we need to ensure that the products imported from Vietnam comply with US standards”, said Steven Bipes, a senior official from the American National Standards Institute. The US is considered one of Vietnam’s largest and most important markets with numerous export items such as electronics, garment and textile products, footwear, farm products and seafood. In recent years, Vietnam’s exports to the US have increased rapidly. However, the proportion in the US market still remains low as domestic businesses have not yet fulfilled strict requirements of this high-income but demanding market. At present, the US Trade and Development Agency (USTDA) and the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) in cooperation with the Vietnamese Directorate for Standards and Quality (STAMEQ) is organising a week-long training programme (from March 10-18) to help the Government of Vietnam implement a transparent, open and consensus-based standards and regulatory system that incorporates international practices. VOVNews reporter interviewed Director of the International Policy of Regional & Bilateral Programmes of the ANSI, Steven Bipes, about issues relating to US assistance to Vietnam in building a modern system of standards, prospects for export from Vietnam to the US…. Read full this story
- France, Vietnam sign $10 billion deals
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 31
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 31
- ASEAN and Korea set to sail another 30 years ahead
- Despite Trump, Xi’s China is not a leading power
- ‘Nailing Jello to the wall’ is possible in Xi’s China
- Rubber needs consistent quality
- Mueller and Trump: Born to wealth and raised to lead. Then, they made sharply different choices.
- What have we learned so far?
- Myanmar takes steps towards reform
Role of standards in promoting US-Vietnam trade relations have 277 words, post on english.vov.vn at March 16, 2008. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.