#1 Google The faces and voices of the world’s most innovative company. advertisement advertisement #2 APPLE Careful readers of this magazine may be scratching their heads right now, in light of our recent cover story laying out the many challenges facing Apple. But the company has had, indisputably, one hell of a run. In the past year alone, three major new products — iPhone, iPod Touch, and Leopard OS — fueled triple-digit revenue growth. So while analysts forecast a more earthbound Apple in 2008, it deserves praise. And extra points for style. #3 FACEBOOK In 2007, the social-networking juggernaut had variously impressed with its ability to reinvent the wheel (opening its platform to outside developers) and drawn cyberpickets with its boneheaded missteps (trying to sell advertising by telegraphing its users’ every move). But after a year lived dangerously, Facebook is officially A-list, with a $15 billion valuation to boot, thanks to Microsoft’s $240 million investment. That’s nothing to throw a sheep at. #4 GE GE makes our list not on reputation but on the strength of its breakthrough products. Among them: an HD CT scanner that reduces radiation exposure by half, a reengineering of the best-selling CF34 jet engine for… Read full this story
- Top 10 most innovative companies you don't know (but should)
- The 50 most innovative companies in the world, 2013
- And the most innovative company of 2013 is...Nike
- Are the most innovative companies also the best places to work?
- New smartphone innovations may improve driving smarts
- Why Amazon is the king of innovation: Kindle's clout
- World's 'most admired' companies: many are obvious, but not all
- Why Australia's R&D tax break cap could drive innovation
- Following a path forged by IT, robots are starting to help companies grow new business
- Corporate investment in innovation is up, but is confidence in new ideas?
The World’s Most Innovative Companies have 291 words, post on www.fastcompany.com at March 1, 2008. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.