Spain will head into Sunday’s Euro 2008 final against Germany here confident that they have overcome the mental fragility that has so often dogged them in the past. Footballing failures – following quickly on from the bounding hope that preceded them – had become so synonymous with the Spanish national team that the phrase ‘perennial underachievers’ became an almost permanent prefix to the word ‘Spain’. Spanish football fans pose on June 27, 2008 in Vienna. Spain was swept up in football fever Saturday one day ahead of its national team’s Euro 2008 final against Germany in Vienna which fans were confident would lead to its first major title in over (more…)
- European Qualifiers: Portugal seal Euro 2020 spot
- Euro 2020: Superb Spain destroy Malta 7-0 to win group
- Deutsche Telekom says U.S. deal hedges pushed up debt in third quarter
- Euro 2020 qualifiers: Who's going through and how does it work?
- Joachim Loew running out of time to rebuild Germany before Euro 2020 finals
- EU threatens to delay Brexit until January even if a deal IS struck: France and Germany warn Boris Johnson they would need two months to iron out details... as talks resume this morning after midnight deadline blows by
- Hours to seal a Brexit deal: Boris Johnson's team in last-gasp talks before midnight deadline – but DUP says 'further work is required' after visiting Downing Street
- Euro 2020: Spain register 2-1 win over Norway following Sergio Ramos penalty
- Netherlands, Germany and Croatia qualify for Euro 2020
- Euro 2020 takes shape as giants qualify
Toughened-up Spain look to seal Euro deal against the Germans have 239 words, post on at June 29, 2008. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.