One of the greatest and most famous soccer players that Britain has ever produced is Denis Law; aka “the King”.Denis Law was a genius in front of goal, who during the 1960s — the Beatles era — was the darling of Manchester United. There, his adoring fans christened him “the King”.He had all the attributes required of a truly great striker; fantastic acceleration, great vision, spacial awareness, two feet — he could control and shoot with either, prodigious leaping and heading ability, bravery and, although he was a slim guy, he could look after himself!During his career he represented not only Scotland (55 caps), but the Italian League XI, the Rest of Europe XI and a World XI. He was also voted European Footballer of the Year in 1964.Law was born in Aberdeen, Scotland, in 1940, where he turned into a fine schoolboy footballer. Unfortunately his home team Aberdeen did not recognise his talents early enough, for he was whisked away to Huddersfield Town when he was barely 15 years old. He played his first professional game for them at the tender age of 16 in 1956, he was that talented.By the time he was 19, he was already a… Read full this story
- The best women soccer players to never win the World Cup
- U.S. soccer player Allie Long's L.A. hotel room burglarized
- Why Women's Soccer Players Are Worried About Their Brains
- Argentine soccer player EsperÃ³n dies in accident
- This Iranian Soccer Player’s Husband Refused to Let Her Travel to a Tournament
- Under-the-radar U.S. soccer players for the 2022 World Cup cycle
- Why Soccer Players Are Smarter than You
- Why Soccer Players Are Healthier Than You
- Did Artificial Turf Give More Than 200 Soccer Players Cancer?
- Soccer Players With More Headers More Likely To Have Concussions: Study
Famous Soccer Players - Denis Law, Scotland have 288 words, post on ezinearticles.com at July 12, 2008. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.