Many cities in the world are synonymous with one thing. Whether it’s Las Vegas for gambling, Athens for history or Paris for love, certain cities are able to conjure specific images by the mere mention of their name alone. Moreover, whilst the UK has many cities that are famous throughout the world for any number of reasons, only one city’s claim to fame can be the home of arguably the most supported soccer team on the planet.Indeed, Manchester is known across the globe as being the home of Manchester United, with an estimated third of a billion fans worldwide lending their support to a club whose history is as illustrious as it is triumphant. But, Manchester is also home to another club, one that has perhaps lived a little in the shadow of their closest rivals, for much of their history.In addition, Manchester City has always been a massive club in its own right, and has been a mainstay in England’s top football league for a long time. But, the recent takeover by a wealthy Arabian royal family has essentially catapulted the club into ‘super-club’ status overnight, and they are now said to be one of the wealthiest football clubs.But,… Read full this story
- Thousands across the UK strip off for World Naked Bike Ride
- Where in the UK has the most culture per square mile?
- Which UK city has the most culture outside London?
- It's as cold as Reykjavik and Oslo here in Manchester today
- Why was the Manchester bomber never arrested?
- Greater Manchester affected by UK power cut
- UK 2019 knife crime death toll passes 100
- European elections: View from your region
- The UK’s best restaurant is just 45 minutes from Manchester
- Happiest UK cities to live and work in
Manchester - The UK Capital of the North have 291 words, post on ezinearticles.com at October 29, 2008. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.