Tonight’s showdown between Miami and Florida State has many ofthe elements that made it one of the best games in collegefootball through the years: top-25rankings, national TV coverage, trash talking and … plenty ofgood defense.When FSU and Miami ruled thefootball world, their defensesserved as the backbone of their success. Now, after some downyears, their defenses have them back in the national spotlight.“I thought we could be very good,” FSU coach Jimbo Fisher saidof his defense, which ranked 108th in the nation last year. “I saidthis before, I think our talent on defense is better than ourtalent on offense.”As for UM, it has bounced back from its loss to Ohio State bylimiting its past two opponents to a total of 24 points.“Everything is just clicking now,” UM linebacker Colin McCarthysaid.The No. 13 Hurricanes (3-1, 1-0 ACC) enter tonight’s gameleading the conference in total defense and are assuming the bigplay style of past UM teams.The 23rd-ranked Seminoles (4-1, 2-0) aren’t far behind. They’reNo. 1 nationally in sacks with 25, with Miami in second with 17.And while the Hurricanes lead the nation in tackles for losses, theSeminoles are right behind them.After a 47-17 drubbing by Oklahoma on Sept.11, FSU has allowedonly 24 points… Read full this story
- Every Time Travel Movie Ever, Ranked
- Expectations vs. reality: Where Dayton has ranked in A-10 polls and where it has finished over the years
- A Wrinkle in Time
- Canada cracks top six in CONCACAF as team rises in FIFA rankings
- Timeless beauty! Margot Robbie stuns in a chic cream dress as she jokes around with Brad Pitt at Once Upon A Time In Hollywood photo call
- Potato puree is an ideal 'race fuel' for athletes and can boost performance 'just as much as trendy carbohydrate gels'
- Hurricane Sandy Delays Rollout of ISP Piracy Warnings Until 2013
- Namibia beats Botswana in M1 Nations Netball Cup
- Nationals' old-school 'putting-the-ball-in-play' mantra part of identity
- Iowa State vs. Oklahoma State preview: Time, TV, live stream, line, predictions
JUST LIKE OLD TIMES;Miami Hurricanes vs. FSU Seminoles just like old times: Nationally ranked, have 324 words, post on www.foxsports.com at October 12, 2010. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.