Say this about local sports fans: They haven’t exactly stormedthe bandwagon. At least they haven’t when it comes to watchingRangers playoff games on television.Of the eight TV markets with teams still playing, Dallas-FortWorth ranks dead last when it comes to watching the hometown teamon cable’s TBS.I know what you are thinking. Who in the wide world of sportscan watch weekday afternoon games that start at 12:30 p.m. and 1:30p.m.? Well, Tampa Bay Rays fans, maligned throughout the WesternHemisphere for their apparent apathy down the stretch, apparentlycan.Two game ratings average in D-FW: 6.2Two game ratings average in Tampa-St. Pete: 9.5.That translates into a 50 percent better rating inRaysville.I’m guessing the rating won’t be much better here for theRangers’ potential series clincher at The Ballpark this afternoonat 4 p.m. Collegefootball, you know. Sunday’spossible noon game (if necessary)? It will be competing with theNew York Giants at Houston Texans on Fox, Kansas City Chiefs atIndianapolis Colts on CBS and 70,000 fans headed across the streetto Cowboys Stadium.Maybe our local ratings for an ALCS showdown with the New YorkYankees will be better. There are always lots of prime-time gameswhen the Yankees are involved. That is, of course, if the Rangersmanage to close out the… Read full this story
- Blues fans fill Busch Stadium, Enterprise Center for Game 7 watch parties
- Niner Faithful Pack Bay Area Watch Parties As Team Earns Super Bowl Berth
- Frankly, who knew the truth about Zac's real first name? HENRY DEEDES watches the Tory newbies take their place in the Lords
- Sandi Toksvig QUITS The Great British Bake Off 'to focus on other projects'
- If Jeremy Corbyn quits as Labour leader, it will be because he cannot bear to fire his friends
- Labour hustings watch: from working-class dads to a very democratic poll
- Prince Harry: From party-loving Prince to model Royal
- 8 things to watch at President Donald Trump's impeachment trial
- Karren Brady says she quit board of Sir Philip Green's retail empire because staying wasn't compatible with her 'feminist credentials'
- Peace Party files curative petition in Ayodhya case
Watch party? Not quite have 339 words, post on www.foxsports.com at October 10, 2010. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.