In the heat of a sales cycle, marketing automation vendors tell you all the great news about how their systems will increase conversion rates, improve sales effectiveness, and save time. When used properly, marketing automation systems do all that. What the sales reps don’t tell you is… A Marketing Automation System without Content is an Empty ShellMarketing automation systems are content engines in disguise. Unlike simple e-mail blasting systems (which enable horizontal campaigns), a marketing automation system’s real value comes from their vertical marketing campaigns that do “drip marketing” of carefully sequenced messages and content. You can’t buy “content packs” for these lead nurturing campaigns from anybody. Somebody has to plan out what all those sequences of messages will be, and then write the e-mails, create the landing pages, and produce the PDFs or other downloads that will inform and motivate the prospect.If you don’t have the budget to produce that content or the people who can think through all the nurturing sequences, there’s really no point in buying a marketing automation system. Make sure that you somebody good in marketing or one of their agencies is on the hook to deliver this content.Unfortunately, this is not a one-shot requirement…. Read full this story
- Car collector's 'dirty little secret' discovered after death
- How We Analyzed the Nuts and Bolts of 'Good Sales Methodology' and Merged 15 CRMs Into One Effective Solution
- 2019 CRM Software Market Size, Share & Growth Report
- Meet the secret ‘ghost workers’ paid to keep the internet safe
- Stumbling onto 'The Secret'
- Watching Your Wallet: Spring housing market secrets revealed
- Influencer marketing fraud will cost brands $1.3 billion in 2019
- The secrets behind HGTV’s smash hit ‘House Hunters’
- Grilling at the Farmers' Market With the Vesta Crew
- The Secret to Setting Successful Long-Term Business Goals
CRM: Four Dirty Little Secrets of Marketing Automation have 296 words, post on www.networkworld.com at December 1, 2010. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.