According to new data released by retail analysis firm RetailSales, when it comes to retail sales per square foot, there’s only one contender. And it’s based in Cupertino.As reported by 9to5Mac, the study looked at more than 160 US-based chains and found Apple ahead of the likes of Costco Wholesale and Signet Jewelers. It’s even doing twice as well as its nearest rival, Tffany & Co.With 5,626 sale per square foot, Apple left its nearest tech-related rival, GameStop, in the dust. In fifth place, the video game retailer managed just 1,009 sales per square foot. All the stores in the top 10 improved their sales-per-square-foot figures over the previous year, except for Best Buy, which saw a 4 percent decline. Apple showed the biggest increase in the whole of the top 20, with a huge 49.1 percent jump in sales.The figures will be hugely pleasing for Apple as it has only been in the retail business a mere ten years.The computer giant has just over 230 stores in the US, and more than 300 globally. It appears to be on something of a shopping spree of its own just now, buying up retail space all over the world as it… Read full this story
- Apple to open 20,000 square-foot retail space in Brooklyn
- Comments for : Apple to open 20,000 square-foot retail space in Brooklyn
- What’s Apple planning to do with the 70,000-square-foot chip fab it recently bought?
- This 1,000-square-foot luxury tent costs more than some houses
- Apple shakes up its physical retail locations in the U.S. and U.K.
- Why does this 700-square-foot trailer cost $1.2 million?
- Is January’s sharp drop in retail sales a plea for new gaming options?
- The best cheap Apple Watch deals in the March sales 2018
- 15 reasons Apple leads the mobile enterprise
Apple leads the pack in per-square-foot retail sales have 292 words, post on www.digitaltrends.com at August 23, 2011. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.