Three straight playoff appearances wasn’t good enough for theBaltimore Ravens, who overhauled their roster during the offseasonin an effort to become one of the elite teams in the AFC.The result was on full display Sunday, when the Ravensmanhandled the same team that ousted them from the playoffs onlyeight months earlier.Baltimore’s 35-7 rout of the defending conference championPittsburgh Steelers offered proof that the 2011 Ravens aren’t onlydifferent from last year’s version, but possibly superior.”This is just a start,” said wide receiver Anquan Boldin, whohad four catches for 74 yards and a touchdown. ”We wanted to comeout and make a statement, but we think we can only get better fromhere.”It would seem difficult for the Ravens to improve upon theirdominant performance in the opener, but it’s not impossible,either. Several of the newcomers – including offensive tackleBryant McKinnie, center Andre Gurode and wide receiver Lee Evans –have been with the team for less than a month. Running back RickyWilliams and safety Bernard Pollard were added to the mix in earlyAugust.In the days leading up to the opener, coach John Harbaugh couldonly hope his team would come together and immediately playwell.”I don’t think you ever know how you’re going to go out andplay the… Read full this story
- Joe Flacco’s goal for the new-look Broncos: “Win the Super Bowl”
- Baltimore Ravens NFL combine preview: 6 wide receivers to watch
- Baltimore Ravens will host veteran tight end on free agent visit, reports say
- A winter's tale for Alaska's Shakespeare fans
- ‘The Masked Singer’ Episode 7 Spoilers & Recap: All Performances and Clues, Plus Who Was Unmasked
- ‘The Masked Singer’ Episode 8 Spoilers & Recap: All Performances and Clues, Plus Who Was Unmasked
- ‘The Masked Singer’ Finale Spoilers & Recap: Who Won The Competition? Who Was Behind The Masks?
- NFL free agency: Top 10 players available to the Colts at each defensive position
- Colts move from Baltimore to Indianapolis; How and why it happened
- Austin Peay aviation science program approved for veterans training, meaning ‘little or no cost’ for veterans
New-look Ravens off to flying start; expect more have 338 words, post on www.foxsports.com at September 12, 2011. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.