The last time the Houston Cougars were 6-0 was back in 1990, theheyday of David Klingler and the run-and-shoot offense.The current Cougars compare to that bunch in more ways than one,crashing into the Top 25 behind a seemingly unstoppable offense.And while Houston takes aim at an unbeaten season, seniorquarterback Case Keenum is closing in on records not even Klingleror 1989 Heisman Trophy winner Andre Ware could reach.The 21st-ranked Cougars (6-0, 2-0 Conference USA) face Marshall(3-4, 2-1) on Saturday. Houston is not only generating buzz on thefield, it’s also grabbing headlines as a potential newcomer to theBig East, which would offer an automatic bid into the BowlChampionship Series.Athletics director Mack Rhoades and coach Kevin Sumlin wouldn’tcomment Tuesday on media reports that the conference has invitedthe school to join. Sumlin did say that his team isn’t distractedby realignment talk, because the school’s future affiliation has nobearing on this season.”Our guys, this team, is only around one time,” Sumlin said.”For us to spend time or energy speculating or really justfantasizing about what could possibly be, is really a waste oftime, and really takes away from what we’re trying to do with thisteam.”Sumlin has talked to his team about handling the increasedscrutiny that comes… Read full this story
- ‘Howdy,Modi!’: PM Narendra Modi- Donald Trump joint address in Houston underscores growing strategic significance of US-India ties: Foreign media
- Jeep Compass Sales Down By 46 Percent In June 2019 — Not Able To Handle Growing Competition?
- Here are the Houston-area locations reporting high water
- West Houston group's 2060 plan shuns 'business as usual'
- Houston ranks low in Texas on list of best places to live for veterans
- 'Worse than Harvey': Small Houston-area town floods in Imelda aftermath
- Men rush into home, shoot resident in southeast Houston
- Top 100 restaurant Pepper Twins expands empire with two new Houston locations
- On the Move: There are advantages to working with relocation specialist when moving to Houston
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston
No. 21 Houston handling growing expectations have 331 words, post on www.foxsports.com at October 18, 2011. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.