Charlie Adam scored the only goal as Stoke secured their thirdPremier League win of the campaign against Fulham at the BritanniaStadium.Adam notched the decisive strike on 26 minutes – his second goalin three games following his winner against Norwich – after PeterCrouch had headed down Ryan Shotton’s cross.Ryan Shawcross headed against the woodwork and Stoke had a lateKenwyne Jones’ effort rightly disallowed for offside at the deathas they deservedly claimed the three points to stretch theirunbeaten league run at home to 13 games.The win sees Tony Pulis’ side climb up to 11th in the table on16 points, the same total as Fulham, who stay ninth and are nowwinless in their last five games.In driving rain, it was the visitors who made the brighterstart, with Giorgos Karagounis lashing an effort across goal andwide on two minutes.At the other end, Robert Huth headed wide from MatthewEtherington’s corner on the quarter hour-mark and the Potterscontinued to pressurise, with Adam sending the ball over afterjuggling it in the area.Moments later the Scotland midfielder scored, taking one touchin the six-yard box when Crouch headed Shotton’s cross his waybefore swivelling and firing the ball in.The hosts kept up the momentum as Glenn Whelan tried his luckfrom… Read full this story
- Eight-year-old killed himself just two days after he was beaten unconscious by a classmate in school bathrooms
- Australian man in intensive care after being beaten by mob in south-west India
- Somali Bantu Community Asking For Public’s Help After Cab Driver Nearly Beaten To Death
- The Bachelorette is beaten in the ratings by Angie Kent's old show Gogglebox - despite making headlines over 'Dirty Jess' Glasgow's shock exit
- Flee the cold and chase the sun! The five affordable off-the-beaten-track destinations you need to add to your winter getaway list right now - and flights start at just $446 return
- Brave girl, 15, who swam across a lake to freedom was tied up, beaten and raped for a month by three men
- Spurs coach Gregg Popovich sets record by getting ejected 63 seconds into San Antonio's loss to Denver - and jokes that anyone getting tossed so quickly 'must have hit somebody'
- 'I don't take anything off the table': Trump won't rule out SECOND shutdown if he doesn't get funding for his border wall
- Donald Trump boasts that Israeli Jews love him like 'the second coming of God' as he quotes conspiracy theorist who claims American Jews 'don't know what they're doing or saying' amid escalating row over president calling Democratic Jews 'disloyal'
- How second-homes boom is hollowing out Yorkshire Dales villages
Bhoys beaten, Dons up to second have 419 words, post on www.foxsports.com at November 24, 2012. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.