UPDATE, Feb. 20, 2013: The Tech Game was provided with a copy of the search warrant served on SuperDaE by the Australian Computer Crime Squad, alleging “unlwaful use of a computer.” The warrant specifically names Microsoft, PayPal and eBay as injured parties, but SuperDaE also claims that Epic, Blizzard, Valve and Sony have joined in on the case due to case of unauthorized server access. “Yo, everyone at this point just wants a piece of me,” he told The Tech Game, adding that old computers and a cell phone were confiscated under the warrant, and a freeze was placed on his bank accounts. ORIGINAL STORY Leaking information and materials regarding upcoming consoles is serious business. Just ask SuperDaE, the anonymous source whose parceling of information and attempted sale of his supposed Microsoft “Durango” development kit has purportedly earned him a visit from police and an FBI agent. The mysteriously well-informed source posted on Twitter this morning that “police raided me,” apparently based on a warrant that cited Microsoft, eBay, and Paypal. He later followed up to say that an FBI agent and seven to eight police were involved in the raid. We’ve been unable to independently confirm SuperDaE’s claims. The… Read full this story
- 'That cowardly officer committed murder': Detroit's police chief says former cop Derek Chauvin would have been charged right away in his city as others in law enforcement condemn the slaying of George Floyd
- Karachi police chief says journalist Aziz Memon was murdered due to enmity
- Nazi regalia, firearm and illegal fireworks confiscated in German raids
- Protests Erupt After Police Fatally Shoot Black Man in Charlotte, North Carolina
- Riding COVID-19 storm: Restaurants rewrite home delivery rules with special menus, DIY kits
- Delta communities seek justice over alleged extrajudicial killing of two boys by police
- One Person Shot During Charlotte Police Violence Protest
- Minneapolis Mayor says torched 3rd Precinct was abandoned to prevent 'hand-to-hand' combat between rioters and 'outnumbered' officers - as cops claim officials were 'content with letting the city be overrun'
- Xbox Series X games won't just look amazing, they'll 'feel' amazing too, says Xbox boss
- Sony confirms PS5 will have exclusive games playable only on next-gen hardware
“Police raided me” says leaker who tried selling next-gen Xbox dev kit (updated) have 353 words, post on arstechnica.com at February 20, 2013. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.