President Barack Obama spoke to both sides of the aisle during Tuesday night’s State of the Union address, and the subject of Apple came up. The quintessentially American corporation has a number of reasons for the president to single it out to Congress and the world-wide television audience. Whether you love or hate Apple, it still is an American company competing against a pair of Korean giants ( Samsung and LG), a trio of Chinese upstarts (ZTE, Huawei and Lenovo), a company in Taiwan (HTC), Japan (Sony) and Finland (Nokia). Now when you’re talking about platforms, it is a different story as Apple’s iOS goes toe to toe with Google ‘s Android . But we digress. What has the president talking about Apple is the latter’s decision to move some of its Mac production to the United States from overseas . And by the way, guess who is in the audience watching President Obama? Why it’s none other than Apple CEO Tim Cook who managed to wrangle up a cheap seat from Bob Uecker was invited by the First Lady to see the State of the Union live. Maybe she was angling for a free Apple iPad. The president has… Read full this story
- You Need to Watch President Obama's Speech in Selma
- Watch President Obama Read 'Mean' Tweets About Himself on
- Watch President Obama's Farewell Speech Live From Chicago
- President Obama Gives Shout-out to Caitlyn Jenner at 'Trailblazers'
- Watch President Obama Have a Rap Sesh With Vietnam's 'Queen of Hip-Hop'
- President Obama Gives Thumbs Up For Cool Motorcycle Stunts
- Watch President Obama Play Soccer With Honda's Robot
- Farewell, Obama: It's Your State of the Union Open Thread
- President Obama Says The U.S. Will 'Take Action' in Response to Russian Hacks
- Donald Trump Says President Obama is the 'Founder of ISIS'
Watch as President Obama gives Apple a shout out during the State of the Union have 295 words, post on www.phonearena.com at February 11, 2013. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.