MINI isn’t just an automaker designed for graphic designers and hair stylists. No, it turns out MINI is actually pretty badass. In fact, this year marks MINI’s second overall win at the infamous Dakar rally race.To mark the momentous occasion, MINI has put together a special edition of its Countryman ALL4 model called the MINI John Cooper Works Countryman ALL4.The matte black car, complete with neon green racing stripes, is powered by a 218-horsepower turbocharged four-cylinder, which sends power to all four wheels (required by all Dakar entrants).Those green accents are carried onto the inside of the special edition Countryman, including green contrast stitching for the gearshift lever gaiter and floor mats, and the green embroidered winner’s logo on the head restraints. A special edition logo has also been added – complete with serial number – on the interior trim above the glove box. A John Cooper Works sports steering wheel and Gravity Black leather sports seats complete the commemorative interior.Unfortunately, only 11 of these beauties will be made and only for sale in France, the home country of the Dakar drivers. We wouldn’t be surprised, though, if one or two didn’t make their way across the pond in a few years, should they ever go… Read full this story
- Stylish and Elegant - Mercedes C-Class Special Edition
- The Elvis Presley Martin Acoustic Guitar Special Edition
- Carpe Diem ((Seize the Day)(A "Romance in Augsburg" - Special Edition))
- Is an Internet Subscription Required For the KA08 Mini, the i9, the SciPhone, Or Other CECT Models?
- Classic Mini Car - A Cult TV and Movie Star
- The Purring Mini Cooper Engine
- The Road to a Better Collection - Mini Diecast Models
- Taco Bell Giving Away 5,000 Xbox One X Consoles With A Special Twist
- How to Pick Lottery Numbers to Win Big Prizes
- The Pros of Owning a Mini Cooper
MINI commemorates Dakar rally win with special edition Countryman model have 307 words, post on www.digitaltrends.com at March 4, 2013. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.