ARLINGTON — Nelson Cruz returned from his 50-game Biogenesis suspension Monday and went right into the Rangers’ lineup in a do-or-die Game No. 163 against the Rays for the final AL wild-card berth. It felt kind of odd, especially considering it happened the same day Alex Rodriguez’s arbitration hearing over his suspension started in Manhattan. But Cruz got a warm welcome from his Texas teammates, though he admitted he didn’t know what he would hear from fans when he walked to the plate as the Rangers’ designated hitter. “I’m hoping for the best,” he said before batting practice at Rangers Ballpark. He seems to have been forgiven by his teammates. At least that’s what several of them said Monday. “He’s completely open and honest with us,” said second baseman Ian Kinsler. “He told us he made a mistake. We all understand that. Maybe some of us haven’t made mistakes on that level but we’ve all made mistakes and we’re a forgiving team. We’ve been through a lot of things in this clubhouse. A lot of guys have seen a lot of different things with teammates or anything else, whether it be outside here with a family member. “We all live… Read full this story
- Giants likely to have 10 or 11 pitchers on wild-card roster
- How to watch the Future Games Show, featuring over 50 games from Activision, Ubisoft, Square Enix, and more
- Prince Andrew's sex accuser Virginia Roberts says duke played a 'guessing game' with Ghislaine Maxwell about her age when she was 17-years-old before comparing her to his daughters
- Manchester City chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak holds no UEFA grudge following overturned ban
- Ledisi Regains Her Independence on ‘The Wild Card’
- Jason Nichols: Kamala Harris was born in the US – Let’s not do this again. Stop playing this dangerous game
- People are selling iPhones with Fornite for £7,500 on eBay after game is banned
- Bryan twins not in US Open doubles; Clijsters gets wild card
- Did you ever upgrade, build, or buy a PC just so you could play one particular game?
- Wada committee could seek to extend Russia drugs ban to include all sports
Nelson Cruz back in Rangers lineup for AL wild card play-in after serving 50-game drug ban have 353 words, post on www.nydailynews.com at September 30, 2013. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.