ENERGY AND CLIMATE DEBATEWith the reintroduction of energy efficiency legislation and a first move on comprehensive tax reform, energy issues received significant attention in Washington last week. They will continue to garner consideration this week as President Obama unveils his fiscal year 2015 budget request and Congress takes up several energy measures.Senators Jeanne Shaheen (D-NH) and Rob Portman (R-OH) introduced a revised version of their energy efficiency legislation, the Energy Savings and Industrial Competitiveness Act of 2014, (S. 2074) February 27. Senators Kelly Ayotte (R-NH), Susan Collins (R-ME), Chris Coons (D-DE), Al Franken (D-MN), Johnny Isakson (R-GA), John Hoeven (D-ND), Mary Landrieu (D-LA), Joe Manchin (D-WV), Mark Warner (D-VA), and Roger Wicker (R-MS) cosponsored the measure. The updated package incorporates ten amendments on issues ranging from energy efficient federal data centers to water heaters; besides the amendments, the remainder of the text remains largely the same. The senators have been working behind the scenes for months to revive the bill, which collapsed on the Senate floor last year amid fights over amendments; they hope to show Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) that it has enough broad support to overcome procedural hurdles. House Energy and Commerce Committee Chair Fred Upton (R-MI)… Read full this story
- UPDATE 2-Thousands defy anti-mask law and march in Hong Kong
- Trump prepares to dismantle US environmental law
- Beijing's credibility 'on the line' over China's environmental crisis
- City studies options for solar energy
- UPDATE 4-U.S. warns Turkey over offshore drilling near Cyprus
- Europe's Environmental Engagement
- "Environmental Protection is Thriving in Germany"
- Sluggish Implementation Plagues German Environmental Policy
- Perry says no plans to leave Energy Dept.
- Abbott fights environmental 'lawfare' in Australia
Energy and Environmental Law Update - March 4, 2014 have 267 words, post on www.natlawreview.com at March 5, 2014. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.