Women once married in their finest—then wore the dress as their Sunday best for several years afterward. But styles have changed so drastically in the last 20 years that most brides won’t even wear their mom’s wedding gown. Plus, they cost a fortune. Consequently, it appears America may be ready to embrace the rented dress. Praise Juno! The New York Post reports on the trend. Rent the Runway offers several options, there’s One Night Affair in L.A., and Borrowing Magnolia just opened in D.C. (It’s a start!) A Practical Wedding EIC Meg Keene corroborates, vouching she’s seen more brides giving rentals a go. The cofounder of Borrowing Magnolia explains her reasoning behind opening the store: “It is no longer an heirloom industry,” says [Ashley] Steele. “You used to get one photo that you put in a gold frame, you’d dry your flowers or you’d have a wedding dress with hopes that your hypothetical granddaughter would later wear it. Now it’s more about the experience, and brides expressing their style and making sure their relationship is showcased. And with Pinterest, doing a wedding on a budget is chic now.” But it’s hard to see this going truly mainstream any time soon…. Read full this story
- Jess Wright teases details about her upcoming Majorcan wedding to fiancé William Lee-Kemp... which will feature 15 BRIDESMAIDS (including brother Mark's wife Michelle Keegan)
- Disney launches stunning wedding dress collection so you can dress like a princess on your big day
- Aisle be back! Nearly 75,000 couples postpone their weddings in just three months due to coronavirus lockdown
- They Marched in America’s First Prides in 1970. They’re Still Out, Loud, and Proud.
- Your VERY bizarre Super Saturday rules: Bring your own cutlery to restaurants, no singing in pubs and throwaway hymn sheets in church – how Britain will reopen but unlike it's ever looked before
- Meghan Markle ‘Ghosted’ Her Best Pal After Race Row. But Does Jessica Mulroney Have Damaging Intel on Meghan?
- The War Next Door
- Instagram Beauty Looks Of The Week: Kareena Kapoor, Ananya Panday, Kiara Advani, And More
- Kareena Kapoor turns into an enchantress in black at Lakme Fashion Week finale. See pics
- Kid Cannabis: The Wild Rise and Violent Fall of a Teenage Weed Kingpin
Is Wedding-Drunk America Ready for Rented Bridal Gowns? have 376 words, post on jezebel.com at July 29, 2014. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.