Two days from now, Russia will stage a massive celebration of the 70th anniversary of VE Day, the country’s defining triumph of the communist era. The U.S. and British governments are boycotting the event, declining to send high-level representatives, in response to Vladimir Putin’s repeated acts of aggression against neighbouring states. Thoughtful people in the West will say: quite right too. What Putin started in 2008, by launching tanks to support separatists in a province of Georgia, he continued with last year’s annexation of Crimea, and now through his military backing for east Ukraine’s separatists. Last July, just ten months ago, Russian missiles destroyed a Malaysian airliner over separatist-held territory, killing 298 passengers and crew, most of them European citizens. Scroll down for video Some 27 million Russians died during the Second World War in a bid to defeat the forces of Nazism But Vladimir Putin, pictured, is an elected dictator whose critics are murdered on the streets or jailed It is just ten months since a Russian-built missile destroyed a passenger jet in the Ukraine killing 298 Putin is a dictator, albeit an elected one, whose critics are murdered in the streets of Moscow or dispatched to rot in… Read full this story
- AP FACT CHECK: Trump's exaggerations about the Russia probeYou may also be interested in...
- Fact check: Trump exaggerations about the Russia probe
- Alabama woman married ISIS fighters, so government won’t let her back in USA
- ‘They Created an Underground’: Inside the Chaotic Early Days of Trump’s Foreign Policy
- Inside the Chaotic Early Days of Trump’s Foreign Policy
- Assume the Left Lies And You Will Discover The Truth: Reflections On The Trump-Russia Collusion Lie
- Biden blows away the field despite bad week
- Letters to the editor: February
- Today in History: March 18, 2019
- Steve Hilton: Never Trumpers just hate that Trump is actually succeeding where they failed
A blood debt to Russia and a moral dilemma for Britain: Despite the fact that 27 million Russians died defeating Hitler, the Government is snubbing Moscow's VE Day parade. Sadly Putin has left us no choice have 306 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at May 6, 2015. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.