He attributed the success of the revolution to the staunchness of the Vietnamese people and the leadership of the Communist Party of Vietnam (CPV) led by President Ho Chi Minh.“With pride and faith in the Party and President Ho Chi Minh, the Party committee, government, Fatherland Front, and people of Hanoi will continue to be united and boost our renewal, industrialization, and modernization to develop a capital city with rapid and sustainable growth,” he said.The same day, the Vanguard newspaper and the Vietnam Youth Union held a workshop during which delegates agreed that the August Revolution was a glorious moment in Vietnam’s history. The Ho Chi Minh Museum in Gia Lai and Kon Tum provinces hosted an exhibition featuring the 79 signatures of President Ho Chi Minh between 1945 and 1969. A collection of 79 poems about President Ho Chi Minh was also featured at the event.To mark the occasion, major newspapers covered the significance of the August Revolution on Wednesday to mark its 70th anniversary on August 19.The front page of the People’s daily newspaper quoted President Ho Chi Minh’s comment as saying that “The August Revolution smashed colonialism after nearly one hundred years, and established the Democratic Republic of… Read full this story
- EBONY MAGAZINE MARKS ITS 70TH ANNIVERSARY
- Northfield Drive-In to mark 70th anniversary with Retro Weekend
- Queen Elizabeth II, Prince Philip celebrate 70th anniversary
- ‘The Black Night Is Over’: On the 70th Anniversary of VE Day, Remembering How War Begets War
- Why Is the US Failing to Honor Russia’s Victory Day Anniversary?
- China marks Nanking Massacre’s 80th anniversary
- Activists mark 30th anniversary of Myanmar uprising
- Revolution Precrafted Breaks Through North America; Secures $210M deal to Build Luxury Villas in California
- August 23: Sacco and Vanzetti Are Executed in Massachusetts (1927); AND the Hitler-Stalin Pact Is Signed (1939)
- The Le Batard Brothers Are Throwing a Party at Revolution Live, and Everyone Is Invited
August Revolution’s 70th anniversary marked in Hanoi have 311 words, post on english.vov.vn at August 18, 2015. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.