It’s a touching family photo. In the centre is Vladimir Putin, holding his new baby daughter, Maria. Next to him is Lyudmila, his wife, with a bouquet of flowers. She has threaded her arm through his. On either side are Maria’s godparents, Ira and Sergei Roldugin. Maria, also known as Masha, was born on 28 April 1985 and the photo was taken soon after. The city was Leningrad, the country – though not for much longer – the USSR. Father’s occupation: KGB officer. Roldugin was the obvious choice as godfather: he had known Putin for eight years and was his best friend. Putin was at KGB training school with Roldugin’s brother Yevgeny. “He was like a brother to me,” Sergei Roldugin later recalled of his friend, known by the family as Volodya. They had youthful adventures: cruising the city at night, singing songs, and – as Roldugin tells it – getting into the odd street fight. They played football: “He was tenacious, like a bulldog.” One day Roldugin took his friend on an excursion. He wanted to show off the first car he had ever owned – a Zhiguli – to a flight attendant he had met from Kaliningrad. She… Read full this story
- Asset Protection - How to Avoid Losing Your Fortune to A Lame Lawsuit
- How to Buy the Right Hot Tub the First Time: Key Questions Before You Build Your Backyard Getaway
- Aleksander Litvinenko and Tsar Vladimir
- The Tarot, Terrorism And Global Warming: What The Tarot Has To Say About The Modern World
- A Company's Story Must Carry Impingement Value to Obtain Widespread Publicity
- How To Buy Diamonds, Pearls, Colored Gemstones, Gold And Jewelry With Confidence And Knowledge
- How Magickal Pearls are Acquired Part 2
- Making Cheap Carp Fishing Boilies Pastes And Pellets Based On Potent Yeast Powders!
- How to Avoid Being a Thin Affiliate
Sergei Roldugin, the cellist who holds the key to tracing Putin’s hidden fortune have 297 words, post on www.theguardian.com at April 3, 2016. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.