In the wake of recent unrest in Milwaukee, Wisconsin over the police shooting of Sylville Smith, Donald Trump is attempting to convince Wisconsin’s black community that the answer to all their problems is more law enforcement. In a speech delivered Monday night in the largely white Wisconsin town of West Bend, 40 miles outside of Milwaukee, Trump spoke about the recent violence in the nearby city. The main victims of these riots are law-abiding African-American citizens living in these neighborhoods. It is their jobs, their homes, their schools and communities which will suffer as a result. There is no compassion in tolerating lawless conduct. Crime and violence is an attack on the poor, and will never be accepted in a Trump Administration. Trump then went on to call for “more law enforcement” and more effective policing. The argument that African American communities should support law-and-order politics because they are more likely to be victims of crime is not new. During the late ’80s and early ’90s politicians from both major political parties courted the support of black community leaders using the same or similar arguments. As CUNY professor of urban studies Michael Fortner points out, pressure from black pastors and community leaders worried about… Read full this story
- Donald Trump tells Harry Dunn’s parents that US woman will not return to UK
- 'Boris asked me to do it': Donald Trump says he invited parents of Harry Dunn to meet their son's killer Anne Sacoolas at the White House 'only because Boris Johnson asked him to'
- Harry Dunn's parents say Donald Trump asked them 'THREE times' to meet their son's 'killer' Anne Sacoolas in the White House to 'get some HEALING' - but they refused in hope she will face justice in UK
- 'I think I was excusing myself from the room,' Nancy Pelosi says of THAT photo Donald Trump tweeted from their fiery White House meeting - and hints she wants the audio leaked next
- Donald Trump calls Turkish invasion of Syria 'strategically BRILLIANT' for the U.S. as he slams Kurds as 'no angels' and says: 'There's a lot of sand they can play with. It's not our problem'
- Rudy Giuliani faces more claims of interfering in foreign policy: Personal attorney repeatedly urged Donald Trump to kick out a Turkish cleric Erdogan blamed for an alleged coup attempt - at same time as representing Turkish-Iranian businessman
- Donald Trump's EU ambassador to testify to Congress following bombshell report he asked Ukrainian officials about Biden-linked energy company during private White House meeting
- Inside Donald Trump's White House meltdown: President labels Nancy Pelosi 'third rate', mocks Obama's infamous Syrian 'red line', calls Jim Mattis the 'world's most overrated general' and dismisses 100 escaped ISIS prisoners as the 'least dangerous'
- Donald Trump's tough guy letter to Erdogan is mocked for being so 'embarrassingly' simplistic people didn't think it was real
- Trade deal with India soon: Donald Trump
Donald Trump just told the Milwaukee area's black community that they need more police have 476 words, post on splinternews.com at August 17, 2016. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.