I was there when The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt launched. For three days I was in the eye of the storm of perhaps the biggest game launch I’m ever likely to personally see. And what follows is my account of it – an account first published 20th August 2015. What I didn’t know back then was the impact The Witcher 3 would have. But a year later, as the ever-so-appropriate Game of the Year Edition arrives, the impact is clear: The Witcher 3 has become a new benchmark, for role-playing games and beyond. So enjoy a trip down memory lane in celebration of it. Don’t do anything silly, I’m told, or they’ll probably shoot you. I’m being warned about the stern people in suits all around me, coiled cables dangling from their ears, who’ve swept the building three times in preparation of what’s to come. There’s a man in big black boots in the hallway who doesn’t like me taking his picture, and the dog he’s got on a leash looks like it might do something about it. Swarming around are people in suits snapping orders like maître d’s. The studio reception resembles a media room with jutting lighting rigs… Read full this story
- Malaysian actress Michelle Yeoh joins the cast of TV series ‘The Witcher: Blood Origin’
- Cyberpunk 2077 Free DLCs Coming Early 2021, Amassed Around $480 Million Pre-Launch, Console Players Hit With Bugs
- The Witcher's Yennefer star announces exciting new project away from Netflix series
- Witcher Season 2 Netflix preview will delight fans of The Witcher 3
- The Witcher season 2 Netflix release date, cast, trailer, plot: When is the series out?
- The Witcher 4 release date: Will it be revealed with Witcher Season 2?
- The Witcher 3 for PS5 & Xbox Series X to include new Netflix DLC
- CD Projekt Red Resorting To Kickstarter To Launch New Witcher Board Game
- The Latest Free Witcher 3 DLC Is Really Good
- The Witcher's monster-hunting AR mobile game launching in S'pore on July 21, 2021
I was there when The Witcher 3 launched have 325 words, post on www.eurogamer.net at August 30, 2016. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.