During Monday night’s first presidential debate, Donald Trump was given an opportunity to put his long, and well documented history of questioning the status of President Barack Obama’s citizenship behind him, once and for all. He failed, miserably. When asked by moderator Lester Holt why, after years of questioning President Obama’s place of birth, Trump only came to accept the legitimacy of president’s birth certificate this summer, Trump fell back into a familiar, and potentially self-destructive habit—blame his rival Hillary Clinton for launching the “birther” movement (she didn’t) and pat himself on the back for ending it (he didn’t) “I was the one who got him to produce the birth certificate, and I think I did a good job” Trump exclaimed, when pressed by Holt to explain why, after the President made public his long form birth paperwork in 2011, Trump continued to question its legitimacy well into this current election cycle. Sensing an opening, Hillary Clinton went on the attack, telling the audience at Hofstra university to “just listen to what you heard.” “Clearly, as Donald just admitted, he knew he was going to stand on this debate stage and Lester Holt was going to be asking us questions, so he tried… Read full this story
- Donald Trump just called Megyn Kelly a "lightweight reporter"
- Column: Donald Trump just won’t go away
- 'This Week' Transcript: Donald Trump and Sen. Bernie Sanders
- Donald Trump's family ignored mandatory mask rule at presidential debate with Joe Biden
- These House Republicans voted to impeach Donald Trump
- Donald Trump’s ‘Original Sin’
- Donald Trump snub: Celebrity Apprentice star’s 'fallout with President' over US election
- Donald Trump: What you need to know about the Republican nominee for president
- 'This Week' Transcript: Donald Trump, Vice President Joe Biden, and Ret. Gen. John Allen
- Donald Trump's Twitter use in run-up to 2020 election surges by over 100 percent compared to 2016
Donald Trump just had a total debate meltdown over his birtherism have 312 words, post on splinternews.com at September 27, 2016. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.