Retail giant John Lewis have pulled a toy car set from its shelves, after a toddler nearly choked on a police car’s siren.Doting granny Ruth Green, bought her 13-month-old grandson Henry Drew a wooden car set from the retailer for his first birthday.Ruth, 50, Iwade, Kent, paid £9.95 for the three toys, a London bus, a black taxi and a police car.But the police car broke, putting little Henry’s life in great danger.She said: “It was a really nice set, he was playing with it and I heard something fall onto the floor and when I looked, he had it in his mouth.”The little light had come off.”Upon looking at it, if he had swallowed it, we would have been in a lot of trouble.”Ruth contacted the retail giant and was shocked when they didn’t recall the toy immediately.She said: “It was quite alarming.”John Lewis eventually pulled the toy from the sale online and in-store over the weekend.A sample of the same batch were then sent off to a testing facility.Investigation results came back clear and the retailer says it is satisfied little Henry’s accident was an isolated incident, rather than a production fault.The grandmother-of-two said: “It’s a bit unsatisfactory… Read full this story
- News of John Lewis’ Illness Prompts Heartfelt Reactions
- John Lewis Christmas opening times for stores across the UK
- John Lewis Boxing Day sale for 2019 kicks off online
- John Lewis represents an entire generation America can't afford to lose
- John Lewis January sale clearance
- U.S. civil rights icon John Lewis says cancer is his latest battle
- Civil rights icon Rep. John Lewis announces he has stage 4 pancreatic cancer
- Rep. John Lewis, civil rights leader, fighting pancreatic cancer
- Congressman John Lewis says cancer is his latest battle
- Calling John Lewis about my Partnership card ... is there anybody out there?
John Lewis remove kids toy from shelves after tot nearly choked on wooden police car siren have 308 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at November 18, 2016. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.