Natalie Portman enters the screening room wearing black shoes, a black dress and a black cape. The effect is stylish, if sombre. She could be in mourning. Or maybe Darth Vader has lured her to the dark side after all. The effect dissolves when she extends a hand, flashes a blinding smile and reveals a sizeable belly bump. She plonks down in the front row, taking the weight off her legs. Portman is seven months pregnant and taking the radiance business seriously. She looks great. The actor is enjoying a collision of glad tidings. She has moved back to Los Angeles from Paris, is about to have a second child (her son, Aleph, was born in 2011) and is receiving rapturous reviews for her performance in Jackie. If the bookies are right, she might well top it all with an Oscar. Hence the screening room. Earlier, a few dozen Academy members filed into this discreet Beverly Hills sanctum to watch the Jacqueline Kennedy biopic and hear why they should vote for Portman, as well as others who worked on the film. It’s one small front in the PR-campaign blitz that consumes Hollywood during awards season. Now they are gone, the… Read full this story
- What's Right About Nebraska: How the Democrats Lost the Heart of American Populism
- The Right Tool for the Job
- Lyndon Johnson - The Day After Dallas
- The Truth About George W. Bush
- Curls Are Back In for Spring 2005!
- Abe's Moniker
- The NBA Doesn’t Give A Fuck About People
- The Liberal Party and the Two Minutes Hate
- Rebuilding Society and the Tax Protest Movement
- Guerrilla PR- Chapter One
Natalie Portman: ‘JFK was a great proponent of civil rights. Trump is taking us backwards’ have 264 words, post on www.theguardian.com at January 19, 2017. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.