BuzzFeed News announced on Tuesday that it has tapped the Cleveland Plain Dealer’s Henry Gomez as a national politics reporter who will cover Republicans in the age of President Donald Trump. “It’s exciting to have the opportunity to contribute to that, especially in these extraordinary times for the Republican Party, and I’m looking forward to joining the team,” Gomez said in a statement provided to Business Insider. “I’ve been so fortunate to spend more than a decade with Cleveland.com and the Plain Dealer, and know they will continue to do great work.” Gomez will report to Katherine Miller, politics editor for BuzzFeed News, and will begin his new role in early April. He will be based outside the beltway, reporting from Ohio – a notable detail, as some news organizations have said they plan to look outside the Northeastern “Acela corridor” for new hires in an effort to better represent Americans across the heartland. Gomez leaves the Plain Dealer as the publication’s chief politics writer, a position to which he was promoted in 2011 after assignments covering Cleveland City Hall and Cuyahoga County government. In 2016, Gomez covered and broke news on Ohio Gov. John Kasich’s presidential campaign, in addition… Read full this story
- As House Republicans head into minority, Louisiana's mostly red delegation likely loses clout
- Trump Wouldn’t Be the First President to Try a Comeback
- The shame of Donald Trump’s presidency
- Two more parting shots from Trump aimed squarely at disabled workers
- Does President Trump have a legal path to reelection?
- A Conspiracy Theory to End All Conspiracy Theories: Did John Wilkes Booth Act Alone?
- The CNN Memories We Love (and Those It Would Rather Forget)
- Former President Jimmy Carter celebrates 96th birthday
- Famous Historic Homes in Every State
- The Untouchables: An Investigation into the Violence of the Chicago Police
BuzzFeed taps Cleveland Plain Dealer’s Henry Gomez to cover Republican politics in age of Trump have 302 words, post on www.businessinsider.sg at March 7, 2017. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.