PepsiCo said today it is proposing the closure of its Walkers Snacks factory in Peterlee, putting 380 jobs at risk. The US food giant, which owns the Walkers brand, says the proposal was part of an efficiency drive that would see it move production to other sites across Britain. Around 355 manufacturing site jobs and 25 transport worker positions are under threat as a result of the planned closure in County Durham. Proposals: Tracey Foster, Peterlee manufacturing director at PepsiCo UK, said she understood the planned closure was ‘upsetting news for everyone’ at the site Employees were notified of the proposal today. Michael Hunt, the regional organiser for the GMB union, said he planned to challenge the move which would see the factory closed by December 31. He added: ‘It wasn’t long ago that the Government said they wanted to reinvigorate the region and inject business into the North East but the opposite appears to be true. For want of a better phrase, this isn’t the Northern Powerhouse, it’s the Northern Poorhouse.’ ‘This is terrible news for our members – the employees – and their families, and for the town of Peterlee.’ Mr Hunt said he will meet with the… Read full this story
- Analysis of Risks to a Project Developer in a Term Sheet Or a Power Purchase Agreement (PPA)
- Stimulus Plan - Bailouts and Your Business
- TIMELINE-UAW wrings higher pay from GM in deal to end strike, agrees to plant closings
- Timeline: UAW wrings higher pay from GM in deal to end strike, agrees to plant closings
- The Most Cost Effective Marketing Action Plan For the Savvy Business Owner
- Quit Your Job - In This Economy?
- Don't Let Expenses Put You Out of Business
- An Eyewitness Says Police Officers Forced Him To Frame A Man For Murder. Now He Is Helping Overturn The Conviction.
- In this “biorecycling” factory, enzymes perfectly break down plastic so it can be used again
- 8-day rule for whisky puts resto-bars in a fix
Walkers Snacks owners PepsiCo say they plan to close their factory in Peterlee putting 380 jobs at risk have 322 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at March 1, 2017. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.