By PIA Kalibo – The province of Aklan will celebrate its 61st anniversary on Tuesday with events that are the high point of the month-long festivity. April 25 has been declared as Aklan Day by virtue of Republic Act No. 1414 signed by then President Ramon Magsaysay on April 25, 1956. It is a special non-working holiday in the province. This year Aklan Day starts with a thanksgiving Mass at 6:30 a.m. at the Kalibo Cathedral. A parade will follow from Kalibo Pastrana Park to Godofredo P. Ramos Park, participated in by local government units, schools, public and private offices, socio-civic and non-governmental organizations in the province. A wreath laying , floral offering, and flag-raising will take place at the Godofredo Ramos Park, followed by a commemorative program at the ABL Sports and Cultural Center with Senator Paolo Benigno Aquino as a guest speaker. Other activities during to run-up to Aklan Day included a Legislative Quiz Bee at the ABL Sports Complex, Rescuelympics at the Aklan Sports Complex, Barangay Calangcang, Makato, and an orientation seminar on farm tourism. Tags: 61st anniversary, Aklan, Aklan celebrates 61st year as a province, Aklan Day, Manila Bulletin, mb.com.ph, President Ramon Magsaysa, Special non-working holiday
- Comweb Group celebrates 20 years
- North Korea Military Foundation Anniversary Not To Feature Parade This Year
- Firework display to celebrate opening of Nha Trang-Khanh Hoa Sea Festival
- Putin: Xi Jinping and I Celebrated My Birthday with Vodka and Sausages
- 61st Annual Primetime Emmy Awards -- TV Review
- San Sebastian to celebrate animation and Oshima
- UN Postage Stamps to Mark 50 Years of 'Peaceful Uses of Outer Space'
- Syrian army, police celebrate recapturing all of Damascus
- Here are all the celebrities who have said they’re quitting Facebook after its very scandalous year
- Asian multiplexes celebrate success
Aklan celebrates 61st year as a province have 282 words, post on news.mb.com.ph at April 22, 2017. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.