Apple Chief Financial Officer, Luca Maestri, set tongues wagging when he claimed the company had just set a “new enterprise revenue record”, though he didn’t say why. I thought I’d try to explain it for him.BYO AppleDigital transformation is the dominant story of today – not just in IT, but everywhere else as well. History will show that almost every part of life was impacted by mobile technology, and Apple’s guaranteed place in tomorrow’s enterprise is just one component of this.The iPhone spawned the Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) revolution, one which itself spawned empowered workforces demanding choice: Choice in platform, choice in software, choice in working hours.Flexibility is everything – and it’s generating some weird ironies: retailers don’t run shops any more, they manage “experiences”; customer service is escaping from the call center to develop authentic voices in a sea of bots; conferences are as likely to be virtual as real.Even agricultural production is managed remotely using smartphones.There are iPads in our homes, offices, airplanes and above the sky. We’re connected, and, when it comes to the enterprise, Apple has become synonymous with mobile tech.Mobile everything“Businesses everywhere are becoming digital, software driven, and we believe ultimately – mobile centric. And… Read full this story
- Holly Willoughby is named best dressed woman in Britain… and here are 15 reasons why
- With over 40%, Telekom Slovenije remains leading mobile provider
- 15 reasons your business should use LinkedIn for marketing
- New iPad Pro headphone jack BINNED by Apple? Shock rumours about the £600 tablet revealed
- New iPad revealed as Apple’s CHEAPEST tablet – here’s the UK release date, price and more
- iOS 12 beta is live NOW – how to download and install Apple’s new iPhone update today
- Huawei became the second smartphone seller in the world exceeding Apple
- Global competition. Huawei became the second smartphone seller in the world exceeding Apple
- Is Apple revealing the red iPhone 8 today?
- Apple ‘sorry’ for MacBook Pro overheating gaffe and promises immediate fix for £2,700 laptop
15 reasons Apple leads the mobile enterprise have 330 words, post on www.computerworld.com at May 18, 2017. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.