Viet Nam News MANCHESTER, United Kingdom — Nineteen people have been killed in a suspected terrorist attack during a pop concert by US star Ariana Grande in the northwest English city of Manchester, police said on Tuesday. There were scenes of panic as Grande’s audience of youthful fans fled the 21,000-capacity venue after what eyewitnesses described as a “huge bomb-like bang” in the foyer area at the end of the concert. A fleet of ambulances was seen rushing to the venue and bomb disposal teams were dispatched soon after, as city residents opened up their doors to stranded concert-goers after train services were shut down. “So far 19 people have been confirmed dead, with around 50 others injured. This is currently being treated as a terrorist incident until police know otherwise,” police said in a statement. British Prime Minister Theresa May condemned the “appalling terrorist attack”. “All our thoughts are with the victims and the families of those who have been affected,” she said in a statement. The first unconfirmed reports of an explosion emerged shortly after 2145 GMT on Monday. Gary Walker from Leeds told BBC Radio 5 Live he was hit by shrapnel in his foot and his… Read full this story
- 3 men and 2 teens arrested in the murder of rapper Pop Smoke, police say
- UK protesters accuse police of targeting black people during lockdown
- Police 'checked Reading terror suspect a day before attack that killed three'
- Hundreds injured and 22 people killed in Manchester bomb's 27 minutes of terror
- Ex-paratrooper who fought ISIS 'sick to his stomach' at being accused of terror himself
- Second victim of Reading terror attack named as American who was 'brilliant and loving'
- Lonely drug addict mum with 'empty heart' who dreamed of becoming UK suicide bomber
- Brave PC who rugby tackled and arrested Reading terror suspect 'was a rookie'
- Reading terror attack suspect Khairi Saadallah charged with three counts of murder
- Voice of the Mirror: We must have answers on how Reading terror attack happened
19 killed in terror blast at UK pop concert: police have 320 words, post on sggpnews.org.vn at May 22, 2017. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.