A United States aircraft carrier is expected to pay a visit to Vietnam as soon as next year, according to an announcement following a recent meeting between military leaders from the two nations. Vietnamese Ministry of National Defense Ngo Xuan Lich joined talks with U.S. Secretary of Defense James Mattis in Washington D.C. on Tuesday, as part of his visit to the North American country from August 7 to 10, the Vietnam News Agency reported. During their conversation, the two officials reached consensus that a U.S. aircraft carrier would visit the Southeast Asian nation at the beginning of next year. It will be the first visit by a U.S. carrier to Vietnam since 1975. The trip was planned to build on the mutual trust between the two nations’ peoples and militaries while contributing to the advancement of friendship and bilateral defense and security cooperation. At the meeting, Lich stated that Vietnam considers the U.S. one of its most important partners and seeks to prioritize the development of bilateral ties based on the principles of equality, respect for political regimes, independence, sovereignty, and the territorial integrity of each country. On the afternoon of the same day, the Vietnamese minister paid a visit to… Read full this story
- Meet the sponsors of this year's Pride of Reading Awards
- US aircraft carrier deployed over Iran remains outside Gulf
- Donald Trump UK visit live: President praises ‘truly great ally’
- US aircraft carrier passes Suez Canal on Iran deployment
- US issues hacking security warning for small aircraft
- Pope Francis wraps up Africa tour with Mauritius visit
- Was 2016 the greatest year ever for music?
- Malaysian PM to visit Vietnam to boost bilateral ties, trade
- Royal VIP to visit this years Royal Norfolk Show
- Kano tickets go on sale on Friday for Rock City visit next year
US aircraft carrier to visit Vietnam next year have 295 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at September 5, 2017. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.