In the spirit of Idul Fitri, which falls close to Jakarta’s 491st anniversary, Indonesia’s 73rd Independence Day and the Asian Games, Ancol Dreamland Park is slated to host Ancol Asian Festival from June to August in several different venues. Kompas.com reported that there would be three major events at the festival, namely the Nusantara Festival, Kampung Betawi Festival, Asian Lantern Festival and Ancol Triathlon Kemerdekaan Festival. Ancol Nusantara Festival (Ancol Archipelago Festival) Meanwhile, in conjunction with the anniversary of Jakarta, which is celebrated every June, a special parade of ondel-ondel (giant Betawi effigies) will be held. Events will also be held as a tribute to Benyamin Sueb, a multi-talented Betawi artist who was a comedian, actor, director and composer. The event is set to include an ondel-ondel procession along Ancol Lagoon beach, pencak silat, Lenong Betawi (traditional Betawi theater), and the Palang Pintu ritual (a wedding ritual comprising pantun, a traditional form of repetitive prose, and a symbolic pencak silat duel). Vacationers will be able to attend this festival from June 13 to July 15 at Ancol Lagoon beach. Kampung Betawi Festival (Betawi Kampong Festival) Special performances of Betawi artists performing lenong and giving traditional music performances such as gambang… Read full this story
- COVID-19: Indonesia to make exceptions for inter-city travel despite ban on Idul Fitri exodus
- COVID-19: Jakarta on verge of massive Idul Fitri exodus amid social restrictions, layoffs for low-wage workers
- Festival finds another home in Japan
- Attacks on older Asians stoke fear in California's Bay Area Chinatowns
- Vietnam’s festive staycation the grandest offers of the year
- The past week in Pattaya news review: Stadiums, public parks, exercise parks, Songkran and music festivals coming, and more..
- COVID in Israel: Year After First Case Detected, Country Finally Starting to Get Back on Track
- Stay home for New Year’s Eve, administrations plead
- Indonesians warned of another Covid-19 crisis in 2021
- Jamu with a splash of soda: Making Indonesia's traditional herbal brew popular again
Ancol Asian Festival to start during Idul Fitri holiday have 319 words, post on www.thejakartapost.com at October 29, 2017. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.