Almost all of the iPhone SE that Apple sold in India has been made locally, Tim Cook, chief executive officer of Apple told analysts over a conference call early morning, right after the company revealed its India revenue had doubled on-year for the quarter ended September while iPhone and iPad grew by double digits. The Cupertino-based smartphone maker said it will look at building stores, channels, product line-up and developer ecosystem to grow the business in India, the same way it did in China, where it had only a fraction of market. “We started manufacturing the iPhone SE there six, nine months ago so. And the majority of the iPhone SEs that we sold in the domestic market last quarter were manufactured there. And so we also have that going and are hoping that that winds up saving some amount of money over time and avoiding some of the compounding of taxes, et cetera,” Cook said in an earnings conference call after announcing the quarter and full year results. The company said it saw the biggest year ever in most parts of the world with all-time record revenue in the United States, Western Europe, Japan, Korea, the Middle East, Africa,… Read full this story
- Apple event | New iPad Air launched at iPhone SE 5G launch event; India price announced
- Apple Has Shipped More Than 1 Million Made-In-India iPhones In Q1 2022; iPhone 12 Top-Selling iPhone: Report
- Survey suggests iPhone SE and Pixel 6 sales are lagging
- Despite Q2 sales dip, Apple's Macs, iPad and iPhone continue to outperform the industry
- What to expect from Apple's Sept. 12 event: iPhone X & 8, Apple Watch with LTE, 4K Apple TV with HDR
- Notes of interest from Apple's Q2 2022 earnings report and conference call
- Strong iPhone growth leaves Apple the only smartphone winner so far this year
- End of an era: Apple pulls the plug on iconic iPod after 20 years. Users express nostalgia on Twitter
- Apple Loop: Stunning iPhone Pro Leaks, iPad Air’s Powerful Audio, Apple’s Controversial Repair Decision
- Is Apple getting Siri-ous in the face of Amazon's Alexa Echo?
Apple India revenue doubles on-year for Sept quarter, most iPhone SE models sold in India made locally have 334 words, post on economictimes.indiatimes.com at November 3, 2017. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.