CONWAY, S.C. (AP) — Fletcher Magee scored 26 points and dished seven assists as Wofford beat Coastal Carolina 87-81 on Wednesday night.
Magee was 10 of 14 from the field including 5 of 5 from beyond the arc for the Terriers (4-4). Trevor Stumpe added 16 points, Matthew Pegram had 14 points and seven boards, and Cameron Jackson chipped in 11 points.
Wofford averaged 55-percent shooting from the field, 77 percent from the line and 56 percent (14 of 25) from 3-point range.
The Terriers opened on a 19-9 run capped by a Stumpe 3-pointer and led all the way to a 40-32 advantage at the break.
Coastal Carolina closed to 52-51 midway through the second half but Stumpe replied with a 3-pointer and Nathan Hoover made a 3 and a layup to stretch the Terriers’ lead to 59-52 with 8:31 remaining.
Jaylen Shaw led the Chanticleers (4-3) with a career-high 26 points.
Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Celtics beat Hornets 108-87 in Walker's return to Charlotte
- Beikong beat Shenzhen 94-87 in CBA
- The Black Mage
- Hundreds of terrified North Carolina residents are trapped, some in their attics, as floodwaters from Hurricane Dorian rise and the Category 1 storm heads north for Nova Scotia
- Pitt Beats Syracuse 27-20 For 4th Win In A Row; Trick Play Key
- Nilsson makes 38 saves, Senators beat Hurricanes 4-1
- Buchnevich, Lundqvist lead Rangers to 4-2 win at Carolina
- Ocean 'Hot Spots' Will Flood Coastal Cities by Forcing Sea Levels to Rise Rapidly and Severely
- Subban, Hughes Lead New Jersey Over Carolina 5-3
- South Carolina School Celebrates Black History Month By Having 5th Graders Pick Cotton to 'Slavery Songs'... No, Really.