The downfall of Britain’s biggest love rat who used dating site Plenty of Fish to cheat and scam unsuspecting victims has been exposed by these courageous women. Cruel conman Peter Berry was jailed for eight years on December 8 after conning three women out of £70,000 in a romance scam. He is suspected to have duped hundreds of women out of up to £2million. Dubbed ‘Shrek’ by some of his victims, he began his campaign of deceit in and around Plymouth, where he grew up, but is thought to broken the hearts – and bank accounts – of women worldwide. Twenty-stone lothario Berry, an international yachtsman turned professional trickster, was locked up in 2010 but vanished when he was released from prison early. The 51-year-old went on the run from police, changing his name several times and even marrying an unsuspecting woman while a national manhunt continued. All the while he was charming new women into whirlwind romances – then escaping with their cash. These three brave women all gave evidence in court to help put Berry back in prison, the Plymouth Herald reports. Berry met Joanne Clifford through dating website Plenty of Fish in October 2012. They exchanged messages… Read full this story
- Can Britain cancel Brexit? European Court of Justice says UK doesn’t need permission from EU members
- A serial 'dine-and-dasher' loved lavish meals and leaving women to pay for them, police say. He faces 10 felony charges.
- SC Fixes PIL For Ban On Convicted Persons From Heading Pol Parties For Final Disposal On Aug 13
- Furious fiancee of Brit accused of cheating in viral post slams girl behind message and insists wedding is still ON
- Simon Cowell banks on Britain's Got Talent in face-off with The Voice
- Meghalaya Rat-Hole Miners: SC Asks Petitioner To Talk To Families Of Miners If They Wish To Have The Bodies Recovered [Read Order]
- How do lie detector tests work, how accurate are polygraphs and is the Love Island lie detector real?
- Britain’s Got Talent’s Simonne Kerr who sang in B Positive Choir is stabbed to death in Battersea home
- Man Shoots Self After Woman's Father Tells Him 'Die To Prove Love'
- Is Shane Warne going on Love Island? Former cricketer and reality TV super-fan, 48, promises 'a lot of fun' as he encourages Twitter followers to watch the Australian version
How Britain's biggest love rat was finally brought to justice by the women he shamelessly cheated and conned have 378 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at December 9, 2017. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.