Missile tests from India pose direct threat to China’s security, are a challenge to nuclear nonproliferation efforts 0SHARES Share Tweet Email PHOTO: AFP BEIJING: Chinese analysts say that since the Indian Ocean is a “must enter” region for the Belt and Road initiative, as well as the national strategy of building China into a maritime power, China should also enhance its military and economic presence in the Indian Ocean. India’s latest test of an Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM), a nuclear-capable weapon, poses a direct threat to China’s security as well as a big challenge to the global efforts of nuclear-nonproliferation, Song Zhongping, a military expert and television commentator, told Global Times on Friday. After initial tests, the missile would be finalized and produced at a large scale, and will become a fighting force in the coming years, he added. Though an Indian report said that the Agni-V can “reach the northernmost parts of China with its strike range of over 5,000-kilometers,” Chinese experts have expressed their skepticism regarding the numbers. China banks on regional support amid ‘Indian threats’ to CPEC “Though the missile could theoretically hit Beijing, India’s missile technique is far below the world-standard,” Hu Zhiyong, a research fellow at… Read full this story
- New Anti-Submarine Corvette to Give Delhi a Boost in Indian Ocean Amid Growing Chinese Presence
- India Gives Submarine to Myanmar Amid Growing Chinese Footprint in Indian Ocean Countries
- 'Indian Navy will protect India's trade and economic interests'
- Manmohan Singh's speech on India-China relations at the Central Party School, Beijing
- With Eye on China, India and US Sign Landmark Military Agreement
- India-China Himalaya conflict: Does Beijing have an advantage after talks stall?
- Malabar exercise: Amid India-China border row, navies of Quad nations to begin drill on Tuesday in Bay of Bengal
- In foreign secretary’s London speech, a message on Indo-Pacific and ‘rise of China’
- China halts Jack Ma’s world’s largest IPO by suspending his Ant Group's listing
- 'No Doubt' China Building Up Military to Target Taiwan, Country's Foreign Minister Says
Experts insist China should enhance Indian Ocean presence to contain Delhi have 341 words, post on tribune.com.pk at January 19, 2018. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.