Lidl National Football League Division 1: Donegal v Dublin (Sunday, O’Donnell Park Letterkenny, 2pm) It may be the first game of the season and it will take a bit of time to blow the cobwebs away but it is a great opportunity to set some standards and what better way than against the All-Ireland champions. There are new names too at the helm of the Tir Chonail team for 2018 in Maxi Curran and Damian Devenney, taking over from Micheal Naughton. Curran is a former manager, having led them to the All-Ireland junior title in 2003 while Devenney was part of Naughton’s backroom team last year as trainer. “When you are drawn against the All-Ireland champions in the first game of the season it helps to focus the mind,” said Curran a familiar face across GAA in Donegal. “It will be a tough game but a great way to start the league and the season and to welcome the All-Ireland champions to Donegal.” Donegal marked their return to the top flight last season by reaching the Division One decider only to lose out to champions Cork by the smallest of margins but Curran admits that the target first and foremost… Read full this story
- Lampard says idea of footballers getting tested before NHS staff 'doesn't sit well'
- Finale: Vinny Guadagnino's Mom Puts the Ladies to the Test in the Kitchen
- US Rejoices After Women's Football World Cup Win
- Coronavirus: Testing in NI is 'significantly ramped up'
- Coronavirus: Spain's health minister not expecting football to return before summer
- Tottenham Hotspur Stun Real Madrid, Join Manchester City In Champions League Last 16
- Marissa Callaghan's open letter: Northern Ireland Women captain pens open letter highlighting acts of kindness
- Pelé, Cruyff, Best and Barnes: our readers’ best stories about meeting footballers
- Bundesliga: Salomon Kalou breaks social distancing rules as 10 test positive
- No talking or goal celebrations as South Korea reboots virus-hit football
Maxi Curran welcomes All-Ireland ladies football champions test for Donegal have 308 words, post on www.irishnews.com at January 26, 2018. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.