Published 29 January 2018 Share close Share page Copy link About sharing Related Topics Rotherham child abuse scandal Children’s services once mired in a child sexual exploitation scandal have been “transformed”, government inspectors have said. Rotherham Council has been given an overall “good” rating following an Ofsted inspection in November. The service had been judged to be failing following 2014’s Jay Report , which found up to 1,400 children were sexually abused between 1997 and 2013. Ofsted said the authority had made “significant improvement”. More stories from across Yorkshire “The local authority has taken a systematic and rigorous approach to improvement since the last Ofsted inspection in 2014 which identified widespread and serious failures,” the inspectors said. “The quality and impact of services for children are transformed.” Children at risk of sexual exploitation were identified and received an “effective multi-agency response to protect them”, inspectors said. In the wake of the Jay Report the government took control of the authority in February 2015. Some services – though not those for children – were returned to local control in 2017. Children’s Commissioner at Rotherham Council, Patricia Bradwell, said: “The council and its partners have worked very hard to change outcomes for… Read full this story
- In the 15 years since its launch, Amazon Web Services transformed how companies do business
- Vietnamese firms to invest in 3 key aspects for digital transformation
- REPORT: Biden Transforming ICE Detention Facilities into ‘Rapid-Processing’ Centers
- Rethinking customer service: No longer the weakest link in the customer's journey
- Two Ohio Communities Reeling From Deaths Of Two Missing Children Within 5 Days
- Sesame Street creates Rohingya Muppets to help refugee children
- Butterflies made by disabled children on display in Hanoi
- Progressive Dems Condemn Biden for Reopening Migrant Children Facility: 'Never Will Be Okay'
- Brazil's Court of Auditors demands digital transformation plans from government bodies
- Defence to overhaul tech capabilities as part of digital transformation program
Rotherham children's services 'transformed' have 296 words, post on www.bbc.co.uk at January 29, 2018. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.