Nationals leader and deputy Prime Minister Barnaby Joyce was not in breach of the ministerial code of conduct that prevents MPs from giving jobs to family and partners because he was not officially in a relationship with his former staffer at the time, the office of Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull says. Details emerged of the MP’s relationship with a former staffer, Vikki Campion, 33, who is several months pregnant, last week after Joyce admitted publicly he had separated from his wife of 24 years last December. While Joyce and members of the government have refused to comment on when the relationship began, or when they became aware of it, the MP’s wife, Natalie Joyce, said in a statement last week that: “I understand that this affair has been going on for many months and started when she was a paid employee”. Campion worked for Joyce up until April last year, when rumours of their relationship reportedly caused issues in the deputy PM’s office. She then went to work for resources minister Matt Canavan, a one-time Joyce staffer, in a senior adviser’s role that reportedly paid up to $190,000. When senator Canavan resigned from the ministry over dual citizenship concerns last… Read full this story
- Up to 200 revellers hug each other and inhale 'hippy crack' during 12-hour illegal rave at nature reserve before it is broken up by police for breaching lockdown rules
- Boris Johnson faces his biggest rebellion yet as MPs from all wings of the party line up to tell him Dominic Cummings MUST go – just hours after PM backed his Svengali over lockdown breach row
- Durham Police investigation finds that Dominic Cummings DIDN'T break lockdown rules with 260-mile trip to find childcare - but 'might have' breached guidance with drive to Barnard Castle to test his eyesight
- Coronavirus UK LIVE: Death toll rises by 282 to 36,675 as Dominic Cummings claims he DIDN’T break lockdown rules
- Dutch PM was unable to visit his dying mother because he obeyed coronavirus rules banning care home visits
- Andrew Cuomo meets Donald Trump in the Oval Office for talks on testing and says Navy can take back hospital ship Comfort during 'functional effective' meeting - but two did NOT pose for press photos
- Ministers squirm as they insist Dominic Cummings did NOT break rules by driving 260 miles to parents' home with his family while he was in coronavirus self-isolation - as maverick No10 chief insists he 'doesn't care' if it looks bad
- Why you must question everything Beijing says: LEVI PARSONS lifts the lid on China's propaganda machine - and how he was ordered to cover up the outbreak of a deadly disease on Australia's doorstep in eerie similarities to the COVID-19 debacle
- Boris Johnson's girlfriend Carrie Symonds is PREGNANT: Prime Minister and his First Lady are engaged as she announces 'We've got a baby hatching early summer'
- Twitter adds ANOTHER warning to a Trump tweet as it says his comment about intervening in Minneapolis ‘glorifies violence’ after the president attacked the site but praised Facebook
The PM's office says Barnaby Joyce didn't breach a key rule over his girlfriend's jobs because she was 'not his partner at the time' have 495 words, post on www.businessinsider.com.au at February 12, 2018. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.