There’s no consensus among scouts, fans or analysts about who will be the top pick by Gary Parrish @GaryParrishCBS Mar 15, 2018 at 7:17 pm ET • 13 min read Some NBA Drafts have a consensus No. 1 pick. In 2003, it was LeBron James. In 2012, it was Anthony Davis. But in 2018 there is no such person — because there are at least three prospects most people believe could reasonably go No. 1. The first is Arizona’s Deandre Ayton. The second is Real Madrid’s Luka Doncic. And the third is the player I prefer — Duke star Marvin Bagley III. I’m still on Bagley. Yes, I know he’s not as physically imposing as Ayton. And I know he’s not doing unprecedented things for an 18-year-old in Europe. But he’s the most consistent great player in college basketball and forever capable of posting silly numbers in the normal flow of a game. Take Thursday’s ACC tournament quarterfinal, for instance. Bagley got 33 points and 17 rebounds in an 88-70 victory over Notre Dame. He was 13-of-20 inside the arc. He was 2-of-3 from beyond the arc. He dominated all over the court and looked terrific while doing it. Simply put,… Read full this story
- 2022 NBA Mock Draft: Duke's AJ Griffin and Wisconsin's Johnny Davis move up in projected first round
- Ranking NBA season's biggest surprises, including Lakers' disaster, James Harden trade, Grizzlies' rapid rise
- NBA DFS: Luka Doncic and top FanDuel, DraftKings daily Fantasy basketball picks for Feb. 27, 2022
- Global game: Ravens’ potential draft targets at edge rusher have a distinct international flavor
- Ahead of election, South Korea's feminists battle sexist backlash
- 2022 NBA Draft Big Board: Duke's Paolo Banchero slips in updated prospect rankings
- The Ravens’ 2018 draft class rejuvenated the franchise. Now its legacy is more complicated. | ANALYSIS
- Oregon's Dan Lanning looks to build championship foundation with QB battle headlining in spring practice
- Toto Wolff’s actions emerge after Max Verstappen ‘signs bumper new Red Bull deal’
- The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by Emergent - US weighs Russia oil ban. Will Europe follow?
2018 NBA Mock Draft: Trae Young slipping as three prospects emerge in battle for No. 1 have 332 words, post on www.cbssports.com at March 15, 2018. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.