Italian chef Massimo Bottura opened his sixth Refettorio community kitchen in Paris last week. The concept? To provide a sumptuous feast to the most vulnerable of Paris while also battling food waste. Don’t talk to Bottura about charity. For the only chef in Italy to earn three Michelin stars, his chain of restaurants – the Refettorii – is above all a community project. “I didn’t want to recreate a soup kitchen where you have to stand in line. At the Refettorio, we serve them as clientele should be treated, with consideration and dignity,” Bottura told FRANCE 24. In Milan, Modena, London, Rio and, as of March 15, Paris, the most vulnerable will not have to accept food handouts or face the frequently dehumanising soup kitchens. At Bottura’s Refettorio – which translates as “recuperate” or “restore” – they are invited to enjoy a delicious meal carefully prepared by a professional chef in a warm, convivial environment surrounded by exquisite artwork. The Refettorio in Paris opened its doors on March 15, 2018. © Shehan Hanwellage/Food for Soul French photographer JR (pictured right) came up with the idea of bringing the Refettorio to Paris. © Shehan Hanwellage/Food for Soul The hands of Chef… Read full this story
- New head chef starts at Egham's Michelin starred The Tudor Room
- Every Michelin-starred restaurant in Bristol
- The Michelin starred restaurant you can eat at for under £30
- Enjoy Michelin star fine dining at Royal Ascot
- Star chefs prepare special dinners at Vistas restaurant
- Is this Manchester's best value fine dining restaurant?
- An 'incredible night of fine dining' that's worth the journey
- Star chef Colagreco feeds crowds at Lyon Street Food festival
- The Cambridge restaurant predicted to get three Michelin stars
- Midsummer House tipped to get third Michelin Star accolade
Michelin-starred chef transforms food waste into fine dining for the needy in Paris have 280 words, post on www.france24.com at March 23, 2018. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.