by Scott Lorimer March 9, 2018, 3:10 pm FacebookTwitterLinkedInWhatsAppEmail Sign up to our Daily newsletter A huge fire which gutted a Tayside auction house is being treated at “suspicious”. More than 40 firefighters battled a blaze at Iain M Smith Auctioneers & Valuers, near Perth Aerodrome, just after midnight. At the height of the blaze, 45 firefighters were in attendance, using eight pumping appliances and one height appliance to battle the flames. A joint investigation is to be carried out by the fire service and Police Scotland but foul play has not been ruled out as a cause. A statement from Police Scotland read: “We are appealing for information about a suspicious fire at an auction warehouse at Scone Aerodrome which began around 12.10am today. “The fire which took hold caused significant damage to the building before it was extinguished, and a joint investigation between Scottish Fire And Rescue Service and Police Scotland is now underway. “We would like to ask anyone who saw any suspicious activity in the area of Scone Aerodrome at any point during the evening of Thursday March 8 into Friday March 9 to contact us. “If you have any information which could assist our investigation, please call 101 or… Read full this story
- Fatal crash in Mansfield Woodhouse now being treated as murder, police say
- Police say item found near UK parliament deemed non-suspicious
- Bomb found at Irish postal depot linked to UK packages, terror police say
- Surrey stabbing a ‘terrorist’ incident ‘inspired by the far right’, police say
- Audi car deliberately set on fire in driveway, police say
- Mortar tube find prevented dissident republican attack on police says terrorism investigator
- DUP's Foster says 'huge decisions' to be made as Sammy Wilson claims May's Brexit deal 'falls short of promises'
- One dead and others injured in Utrecht tram shooting, Dutch police say
- No crime committed in Huawei leak, police say
- Siege in Somali capital ends with all attackers killed, police say
Police say huge fire that gutted local auction house is 'suspicious' have 309 words, post on www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk at March 9, 2018. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.