The season is early yet, but it’s not so early we can’t start to freak out just a little a bit. While logic would dictate we haven’t reached “safe” sample size sets yet, Mike Trout has assumed the lead in WAR (by both bWAR and fWAR) which, per tradition, means it’s time to start ascribing meaning to the numbers. On the other hand, Christian Villanueva is hitting .355/.444/.774 for a 236 wRC+ and has already put up 1.4 bWAR/fWAR. If he manages to keep up a pace anywhere in this neighborhood, we’ll be back to discuss his eventual Rookie of the Year award before too long. In the meantime, though, we’ll skip the individual performances for now and take a look at the bigger picture.Turning to the standings, they almost certainly aren’t what you expected heading into the season. There will always be some surprises, but almost every division has some serious early-season upsets going on. The National League standings are off to a particularly jarring start, with not one of the teams that almost everyone predicted as a division winner currently in the lead. While there’s plenty of season left, there’s enough behind us to wonder if there isn’t cause… Read full this story
- How Nike and the 'blur offense' have Scott Frost confident in a UCF power surge
- Plummeting Mets Swept By Giants
- Bryant, Ruf Lead Giants Past Mets 3-2 For Sweep
- Fernando Tatis Jr., Shohei Ohtani on field together as San Diego Padres face Los Angeles Angels
- Regrets? Ulsan FC's head coach has a few...
- Notre Dame's Opponents: Wisconsin looks to recapture Mertz magic in '21 - Inside the Irish | NBC Sports
- Colorado prep football: 75 impact players to watch in 2021
- Rooted in Faith, Amy Coney Barrett Represents a New Conservatism
- Brasileirão: Atlético Mineiro's Hulk, Douglas Costa among five to watch as talented Brazilians leave Europe
- How to watch US Open 2021 and live stream tennis free online from anywhere
Early returns on the National League favorites have 325 words, post on www.yardbarker.com at April 24, 2018. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.