Rezan Gilo, the joint chief of defense in Syrian Kurdistan (Rojava), has told Sputnik that the international coalition led by the US is building new bases in northern Syria. “Yes, the international coalition is building new bases in Manbij, and it is connected with military plans. … Be it US bases or French ones, we are interacting with it [the coalition] rather than the countries. In general, the construction of bases is underway in northern Syria, especially in the east of the Euphrates,” Gilo said. READ MORE: Bone of Contention: Why US, France Reportedly Dispatch Their Troops to Manbij According to him, Daesh* managed to partly recover its forces thanks to the pro-Turkish forces in Afrin and a threat of an attack on Manbij and other areas in northern Syria. “Whether the Americans will decide to leave or stay on [in Syria], we hope for their strength, as well as the strength of our people and our fighters. The presence of the US-led coalition helps us combat terrorists. But in any case, we are ready to obliterate the terrorists in the east of the Euphrates and in northern Syria as a whole,” Gilo pointed out. He stressed that the US-led coalition building military bases in northern Syria is part of its cooperation with the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF). READ MORE: Erdogan ‘Saddened’ by Macron’s ‘Wrong Stance’ as France Deploys Forces to Manbij According to him, the new bases will be… Read full this story
- US' Bid to Hold Oil Fields in Northern Syria is Illegitimate - Moscow
- The Professor - ISIS's 'cruel but popular' new leader: Ex-Saddam officer Abdullah Qardash, who was imprisoned alongside Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi and eliminated his rivals, takes the reins after former chief was killed in US strikes
- U.S. troops killed in Syria suicide attack claimed by ISIS
- Republican Congressman Condemns Trump Over Reports U.S. Bombed Own Munitions Storage Bunker in Syria
- Syria: What it will mean if rebels snub peace talks
- Iran's Supreme Leader Khamenei says US troops will be expelled from Iraq and Syria because 'even allies abhor the American leaders'
- Pentagon Deploys B-52 Bombers, 400 Airmen for Iraq, Syria Air Campaign
- For All Its Success Propping Up Assad, Russia Can't Stabilize Syria Alone. It Needs the West | Opinion
- Russia's Counterterrorism Operation in Syria Four Years On: Key Facts to Know
- Daesh's Iraq Head Killed in US Coalition Airstrike in Syria, Iraqi Anti-Terrorism Service Says
Kurds Expose US-Led Coalition's New Bases in Northern Syria have 393 words, post on sputniknews.com at April 7, 2018. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.