click to enlarge PHOTO BY SCOTT SALTZMAN Big Freedia at Jazz Fest 2018. Every Jazz Fest, New Orleans bounce star Big Freedia assembles a stage picture bigger than the year before, embracing the hometown platform to put on a show to match the force and energy of her music. On April 28, Freedia entered the Congo Square stage wearing a gold top and shimmering tuxedo jacket with tails — behind were a 10-person choir, each member wearing a letter in “Big Freedia,” and Freedia’s seven dancers, balancing the intense choreography of an hourlong Freedia show with room for spontaneous full-body bursts. Freedia, topped with a shock of blonde shoulder-length curls, opened with a dramatic, chorale-led entrance before launching into a reliably explosive set, kicked off with a sprinting ballet dancer twirling with a parasol and a live band keeping pace with bounce beats. Announcing “I’m that queen that’ll make you bounce” and moving through hits “Explode,” “Y’all Get Back Now,” and “Rock Around the Clock” (which turned into Michael Jackson’s “Rock With You”), Freedia invited a dozen or so people from the crowd to join onstage for “Ass Everywhere” — including comedian and Claws and Reno 911 star Niecy Nash,… Read full this story
- Utah Jazz to bid for NBA All-Star Game - ProBasketballTalk | NBC Sports
- House Hunting in London: A 17th-Century Church Tower With Updates
- How to Reopen a Festival City When a Virus Lurks: Very Anxiously
- Physicians Get Addicted Too
- Aaron Rodgers landing spots for 2022: As QB nears new Packers deal allowing for exit, a look to next year
- Melody, not rhetoric, the major crowd-puller at Mizoram rallies
- 'They changed my life': Hit the streets with two Mormon missionaries
- Eldersburg Arts & Entertainment
- Who Will Hold the Police Accountable?
- Congress to Vote on Coronavirus Rescue Package
The gospel of Big Freedia and the church of Common at Jazz Fest 2018 have 289 words, post on www.bestofneworleans.com at April 29, 2018. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.