Features By JOHN BURNETT Hawaii Tribune-Herald | Thursday, May 3, 2018, 12:05 am Share this story courtesy photo Christian Ohly is a UH-Hilo soccer player and leader of the band Ohly, which will play at 8 p.m. Friday at Hilo Town Tavern as part of May’s First Friday. Friday is First Friday in Downtown Hilo, and University of Hawaii at Hilo students — especially the Vulcan soccer team — might recognize the leader of the band playing the 8 p.m. set at Hilo Town Tavern as one of their own. The band Ohly is named after Vulcan junior midfielder Christian Ohly, a UH-Hilo business major from Rochester Hills, Mich., who followed his sister, Heidi, to UHH. Ohly is also a singer/guitarist and songwriter who has a six-cut EP of all original tunes to his credit. ADVERTISING Ohly, who turned 21 on March 20, describes his music as “indie folk.” “Folk music is generally thought of as raw instruments, but my music is a little bit more processed, with a core of guitar and a drum kit or maybe a box drum, something like that. I think it’s a mix of contemporary alternative rock with those folkie roots,” Ohly said. He’ll… Read full this story
- Soccer Player Ejected For Sticking His Fingers Up Another Player's Butt
- British soccer player falls foul of Facebook's privacy options
- This soccer player has started celebrating goals by doing the dances in 'Fortnite'
- Opera finds footing in browser war
- Usain Bolt Tallies First Two Goals of His Professional Soccer Career
- Kate Middleton Wore $52 New Balance Sneakers To Play Soccer In Ireland
- The 25 highest-paid players in the English Premier League for the 2017-18 season
- Book of Dreams: Musicians want to continue to provide soothing therapy at nursing homes
- Heading a soccer ball harms women more than men, study finds
- What Is Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease? Mets Pitcher Noah Syndergaard Placed on DL Due to Viral Infection
From pitch to stage: UH-Hilo soccer player finds footing as musician have 307 words, post on www.hawaiitribune-herald.com at May 3, 2018. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.